The connect:ID 2018 Call for Speakers is now closed
The connect:ID Conference and Exhibition is the premier event for the biometric and identity technology industry. Each year the event hosts thought-leaders and pioneers in these markets who share their knowledge, expertise, the challenges they face and the solutions they have adopted and/or implemented.
Do you have an interesting and/or innovative speech proposal for consideration, including case studies, new research or future insights? Then we want to hear from you! Outlined below are this year’s key themes and instructions on how to apply.
Please note that the application deadline is Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
• ID proofing: emerging methods to detect fraud
• KYC/AML – establishing unambiguous identity
• Breeder document security and authentication
Identity for the People
• Better border management
• Enhancing the travel experience
• Advancing citizen services with ID
• Refugee management and emergency response
• Biometric ID for civil applications
Safe + Secure
• ID for defense applications
• Law enforcement in focus
• Homeland security: securing public spaces
• Mobile biometric search
• Next-generation authentication and payments: mobile, face-to-face, online
• Securing transactions and financial data
• Regtech – the role of transformative ID technologies
• Behavioral biometrics and risk-based authentication
• Leveraging mobile ID for growth in emerging markets
• Mobile biometric authentication: trends and lessons learned
• The impact of phone manufacturers on the ID market
• Multifactor authentication: what’s next?
• Out-of-band authentication
• Emerging standards and best practices
Not Your Father's Documents
• Enhanced secure document design
• Digital credentials: next steps
• Leveraging the power of secure credentials
• The new role of secure documents in digital ID
ID Security + Privacy
• Self-sovereign ID
• ID and blockchain: compelling use cases
• Securing ID data: challenges and solutions
• Device- or server-centric biometrics?
• Secure identity in the cloud
• ID for all
• The impact of machine learning on ID
• Securing the Internet of Things
• The missing ID layer of the internet
How to apply
Please note the application deadline is Tuesday, October 31, 2017. We will acknowledge receipt of all proposals, and will subsequently inform you if your speech application has been successful.
- Contributions will be evaluated on the basis of relevance, content, originality and expertise/experience of the speaker.
- Proposals should be factual and informative. Marketing and product promotional pitches will be rejected.
- We particularly encourage those at senior executive level, those at the forefront of research and development, market analysts, working group members, and end users/governments that have (or are currently implementing) a cutting-edge case history.
- Successful speakers will receive a full conference pass to connect:ID giving access to all sessions and the exhibition.
Typical speech length is 20-25 minutes, plus 5 minutes for questions, unless it is a panel discussion or lightning talk.
Speeches will take place in one of three conference rooms:
- BLUE Room – Sessions in this room are focused on Government and Military applications of next-generation identity technology from around the world.
- GREEN Room – Sessions here are dedicated to cutting-edge identity applications in the Banking and Enterprise sectors.
- SILVER Room – We also call this room “The Lab”. Sessions in this room center around the latest technologies and trends making waves in the identity sector.
Sessions will also be tagged with keywords to ensure attendees can easily identify the speeches covering their areas of interest.
We strongly encourage submissions from the international community, but contributions must be submitted in English, and if accepted, speakers must have a good command of the English language.
Please email Tovah LaDier, IBIA Managing Director & Conference Co-Chairman - firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Lockie, Conference Co-Chairman -email@example.com.