Why Join IBIA?
To effectively carry out its mission, IBIA focuses on three core activities:
IBIA is a strong voice for policy advocacyBy influencing legislation and regulations in state, federal, and international bodies, IBIA builds the foundation of enduring business opportunities for its members.
Recent advocacy successes:
• Secured International Biometrics + Identity Association language in legislation mandating a biometric Exit
• Influenced state legislation on the use of biometrics in schools
• Promoted biometric Medicaid pilots in several states
• Provided critical information for audits of privacy and facial recognition by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) and Government Accountability Office (GAO)
IBIA engages key audiences with a united, impactful industry voice IBIA outreach brings companies, customers, and standards bodies together for meaningful discussions of innovative technology-based solutions.
- Annual connect:ID conference & expo in Washington, DC – a major forum for interaction between government and industry
- Created a mobility track at ‘connect:ID’ to address the impact of mobile applications in retail payments, financial services, and healthcare.
- Tech fair for Congressional staff, giving them the opportunity to explore technologies and ask questions about their use
- Established liaison relationship with FIDO to address biometrics and mobility.
- Congressional briefing – “Your Identity Matters: Protecting it against fraud and identity theft in the Digital Age”
- Private International Biometrics + Identity Association tours of DHS Air Entry &Exit Re-engineering (AEER) testing facility
- Multiple meetings with Congress and agencies
Recent educational materials produced by International Biometrics + Identity Association:
- A technical blueprint for adding biometric sensors to mobile devices
- Multiple info papers and press releases for policy makers on border security
- Closing the Loop: Completing a Biometric Entry-Exit System
- Privacy in the Digital Age
- Biometric Student Identification: Practical Solutions
Why Join IBIA?
- Access to decision-makers, empowering you to shape priorities in line with your company’s business needs
- First line of defense against legislation, regulations, and public misperceptions that frequently threaten to derail business opportunities
- Information you need, providing special reports on technology, policy and regulation, along with business opportunities
- Hallmark of successful identity management companies, giving customers full confidence in their technology and solutions
How to joinMembership is open to all stakeholders, consumers and providers of technologies and solutions for identification and identity verification — including biometric technology providers, identity and mobility infrastructure and solution providers, systems integrators, commercial and consumer end users, technology associations, standards associations, policy, academic and research institutions. Membership requires a pledge to honor the International Biometrics + Identity Association Statement of Principles and Code of Ethics.
- Technology and Solutions Providers
- Affiliate Memberships
- Non-profit Organization and Trade Association
- Academic Institution
Technology and solutions provider and affiliate membership dues are based on annual worldwide sales. Non-profit, academic institution and individual categories have set dues.Additional details on becoming a member are available at www.ibia.org/association/apply.php or call the International Biometrics + Identity Association office at 202.888.0456 x1309. If you would like to download the PDF, click here.